Dr. Rajdeep More
Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], February 6: In a stomach-churning incident, Dr. Rajdeep More, Consultant Gastroenterologist in Thane (West) successfully performed an endoscopic procedure on a 5-year-old boy who had accidentally swallowed a pen drive. The patient is discharged from the hospital and has resumed his daily routine with ease.
Master Akshat Upadhyay, a resident of Thane West accidentally swallowed a pen drive at 9 am on 20th January 2023. He suddenly complained of mild abdominal pain. His parents quickly brought him to the emergency room wherein he was immediately attended to by Dr. Rajdeep More.
Dr. Rajdeep More, the Consultant Gastroenterologist, said, “On arrival in an emergency, the patient has mild abdominal pain and looked fairly well settled. An erect X-ray of the abdomen showed the pen drive to be lodged in the stomach.
We anticipated that if an early endoscopic removal of the foreign body (pen drive) was not done, it would require major surgery to retrieve the foreign body later on.
After explaining and reassuring the patient’s parents, the boy was taken up for an emergency endoscopy under general anesthesia.
On endoscopic examination, The pen drive was seen to be lodged in the upper part of the stomach just below the food pipe(esophagus). The pediatric patient was later given general anesthesia to perform the endoscopy procedure to remove that pen drive out by grasping it with an endoscopic device called a snare. The pen drive was grasped with a snare and removed through the mouth. The procedure time was 20 minutes and patiently tolerated the procedure well with no post-operative complications.
He was kept under observation in the hospital for 24 hours and got discharged the following day in a healthy state without any symptoms or complications.
Not treating the patient at the right time could have led to complications like intestinal obstruction, perforation, and profuse vomiting, eventually warranting emergency surgery.
We were very scared at first and didn’t know what to do. We then rushed to Dr. Rajdeep More, Gastroenterologist in Thane (West) who explained everything about the procedure before performing it. The surgery was a success and they took good care of our child. Now he is fine, symptom and complication-free. We thank the doctor for saving my son’s life,” concluded Master Akshat Upadhyay patient.
If you have any objection to this press release content, kindly contact pr.error.rectification[at]gmail.com to notify us. We will respond and rectify the situation in the next 24 hours.
5 thoughts on “A Pen Drive Accidentally Swallowed By A 5-Year-Old Boy Removed Endoscopically, there by avoiding major surgery”
naturally like your web site however you need to take a look at the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to tell the truth on the other hand I will surely come again again.
furosemide dosage what is furosemide furosemide 80 mg
Well, last night I got a positive OPK so went in for ultrasound this morning and I have 4 mature follicles kamagra que es
First of all, thank you for your post. totosite Your posts are neatly organized with the information I want, so there are plenty of resources to reference. I bookmark this site and will find your posts frequently in the future. Thanks again ^^
Hello! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I
could get a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using
the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty finding one?
Thanks a lot!